Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Day in the Life

People are constantly asking me, "Bridget, what do you do after work? I mean you live alone, don't you go crazy?"

Perhaps I haven't been clear. I DO NOT live alone.

Here are some of the things Penelope and I do after work:


We usually do some therapeutic coloring to express our artistic side...

If the Cubs are on TV, we always cheer them on!


Sometimes we just sit around and have intellectual discussions...


Of course we goof off to release the stress of the work day...


We're in the process of beating The Legend of Zelda, so we take turns (well we're supposed to, ehm Penelope)...


Sometimes I get really tired and insist we take a nap (Penelope does not like to nap)...

Then we get to talk to our favorite person...


When it gets close to bed time I read to Penelope...

The very last thing we do is watch some TV to zone out...


I hope that clears everything up. We don't have any board games, but I'm thinking about investing in MouseTrap. It's a topic of debate between Penelope and I.


On a scale from 1-10 (10 being the most) how much do you regret that I got a digital camera for Christmas?


This post officially makes me the biggest dork on the planet. Winner!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

URGENT: Call 1(800)RENT-A-FRIEND

Unknown said...

and yes Ryne, I did take all those photos myself

and yes, that does make it ten times funnier

Anonymous said...

Bridget, I'm laughing hysterically to myself. Thank you for this.

-cousin Chris

Anonymous said...

That Penelope seems like quite the companion. She likes to do everything that you do!!! Makes you wonder why Odysseus left home for so long...
Aunt Lori
P.S. Thank you for explaining why Northern Michigan has such a pull for you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pilgrimchick said...

I forgot the virtues of having a smaller four-footed friend as a roommate. I made the mistake of choosing to be a cat owner--to three cats who are all related. Evening relations are far less cordial.

Attempting to conquer the original NES world of Zelda generally includes waving a yard stick around to keep the felines away from the controller cord.

Reading.....nice and relaxing....until I have to throw the book at one of them to prevent the cat from taking a large bite out of the only flower that managed to make it past the bud stage in my potted plant.