Friday, June 11, 2010

Go Cubs Go?

Dear Chicago Cubs,
I've noticed winning is not a priority in your lives right now. This concerns me for a number of reasons. First of all, I am currently displaying my "This is the Year" banner and your actions as of late make me look foolish. Unacceptable. Also, I know a lot of White Sox fans...unfortunately. Although your record is slightly, and I do stress slightly, better than that of the Soxs, I am continually harassed by those crack addict South-siders because you still think it's a good idea to put Marmol into the game in the 9th inning. Furthermore, Ron Santo cannot handle these shenanigans. He is a fragile man and every time you leave men on the bases his high blood pressure threatens his life. My birthday is Monday, and I am simply asking that you sweep the Sox this weekend. In summary, please pull your heads out of your asses and play some baseball.
Sincerely,
Bridget

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bridge,

Im not sure they are listening to you. Grrrr!! We will keep our fingers crossed.

Love,
AL

PS. Loved this post.

Unknown said...

Dear Cubs,
Winning 1 out of 3 is not what I had in mind. Shaky fist!
-Bridget

pilgrimchick said...

I found that berating the players while watching the game has little effect, but certainly does make one feel better. Especially when there's a six pack of decent been involved.

krustacianken said...

Happy birthday!