Friday, October 06, 2006

It's On Like Donkey Kong

I have just received the grade for my first Organic Chemistry Exam.
And so in a highly censored Bridget Jones fashion all I have to say is:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge!


My first inclination was to vomit all over the place, and then it was to sob all the way home. I did neither.


Instead, once again, I turned to Miss Jones for some inspiration:
At times like this continuing with one's life seems impossible, and eating the entire contents of one's fridge seems inevitable. I have two choices, to give up and accept permanent state of undergrad and eventual eating by dogs…or not. And this time I choose not. I will not be defeated by a bad Orgo class and a failure to memorize organic structures. Instead I choose vodka and Chaka Khan.


And so I say to you, evil demons of Organic Chemistry, I won't go down without a fight. Although I already devote hours upon hours to you, I am not afraid to take it a step further. If you learn nothing else from life, jot this little note down: Never piss off an over achiever who does not value her sleep.

It's on like Donkey Kong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And so just to pass along a bit of encouragement (because that is what Godmothers should be doing is encouraging). . .My friend Lorene, who is now a respected pediatrician and really quite sane, also had to slog through Organic. She swears it is the most difficult class she ever had to take. But get through it she did and so can you. Remember, you only have to pass. For this one, flying colors are out the window, or perhaps more appropriately for you, through the screen door.